When you are asked to talk about yourself, what kind of things do you say? You may find yourself describing your physical appearance, where you live, the people who are important to you, your work, or, aspects of your personality. You may also describe your hobbies, interests and passions. Our passions are an important part of what defines us.
There are many reasons as to why our passions are so important to our sense of well-being:
- Passions make us happy: Our passions give us enjoyment, so any opportunity to engage with the things we are passionate about will bring us a sense of joy and happiness.
- Passions give us a distraction: Our passions can give us something to focus on when other things in our lives perhaps aren’t going as well as we’d like.
- Passions give us focus: Our passions can give us something positive to aspire to. When we find something we feel passionate about, we want to pursue it and take it as far as we can. This can help us to determine what is important to us in the future.
- Passions inspire us and the people around us: When you are passionate about something, other people will be drawn to you, especially if they share your passion. Passionate people can be very inspiring to other people, so always take the opportunity to share your passions with those around you.
- Passions allow us to live: To enjoy life we have to do more than simply survive. Our passions allow us to embrace life and pursue our interests. Our passions ensure we are making the most of life and getting as much enjoyment out of it as possible.
At The Green Rooms, we believe that everyone can feel passionate about something. If you think discovering and/or developing your passion sounds like a good idea, we encourage you to take this journey.
If you think that all sounds great but where on earth would you get the time, perhaps you have a work-life imbalance. If so, our coaches can help you find space for everything you need to in life, including your passions.
Written by Jennifer McElroy, The Green Rooms Psychology Assistant
Make an Appointment or Enquire